Last week, a judge ruled Sugarland must give their depositions in April about the events surrounding the Aug. 13 stage collapse, which killed seven people and injured several others.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Stage collapse settlement falls through, state to begin making payouts
- Indiana State Fair to honor victims of stage collapse Monday
- Stage collapse victims say timing for moment of silence is wrong
- Always Remembered: Victims of State Fair
- Memorial honors victims of State Fair tragedy
- Sugarland Tribute: Country duo asks for moment of silence
- Day of Dedication: Girls sell drawings to raise money for Fair victims
- Day of Dedication: Sherman collects donations at Dunkin' Donuts
See more videos »
Mid-America stated in order for them to settle the lawsuit against them, they would need depositions from the band before April 17.
Sugarland responded to Mid-America’s request, saying they would not be “bullied” into giving their depositions. Sugarland’s spokesperson said Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush are not refusing to give depositions, but they are “simply refusing to be bullied into doing so on short notice.”
The judge ordered the band to turn in dates they would be available for their depositions between the dates of April 1-15. The dates were to include the time and place they would be available and were to be submitted by Tuesday.
A source told Fox59 News Wednesday the band did submit dates. Fox59 was told those dates do fall in the April 1-15 date range.