It's Halloween season and that means plenty of parties! Treat bags that kids can take home are always fun, but these cute little treat cups are even better. Fill each with wrapped candies and inexpensive trinkets. Kids can carry their loot home with the pipe cleaner handle.
1. Paint the outside of each cup with desired colors; let dry. Two to three coats may be needed, depending on your paint.
2. For eyeballs on the black cup, use the handle end of a paintbrush dipped in yellow paint. For ovals, load paint on the handle and "draw" the oval with it. For circles, simply dot the black paint on by touching the handle to the cup.
3. For larger eyes (monster and Frankenstein) use a pouncer sponge applicator dipped in paint. Apply gentle pressure and twist to turn, ensuring the paint is covering the surface.
4. Use a felt-tip marker to draw finer details such as mouths, eyebrows and for outlining (like the pumpkin's facial features).
5. While paint is drying, make handles: Twist two different colored pipe cleaners together.
6. Insert a toothpick into opposing sides of each cup, just below the rim. Insert one end of the pipe cleaner handle into one hole on the outside of the cup. Curve the pipe cleaner over the top of the cup and insert that end into the other side. From the inside the cup, bend the ends to secure in place. Line with tissue paper.
Materials needed (per cup):
Craft paint (we used orange, green, purple, red, yellow, black and white)
Pouncer sponge applicator
Felt-tip marker (such as a Sharpie)
Pipe cleaners in various colors
Amanda Formaro is a professional crafter; find more projects at her website, craftsbyamanda.com.